You have no items in your shopping basket.
Our Return Policy
Changing or cancelling an order
Unfortunately, in most circumstances, orders placed online cannot be amended once completed. If you'd like to add products to your order, please place a new order for these items.
If you need to change details of your delivery address, remove items from your order or cancel it completely, please contact our Customer Services team for advice on 01869 362222 between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday or email us.
You can view our example cancellation form here:
Missing, incomplete or damaged orders
If your order arrives incomplete and you believe items are missing, firstly please check your order confirmation and dispatch email to make sure it was included in the parcel. If the item was expected as documented please notify us within 48 hours of receipt with the details of any missing item(s).
If your order has been dispatched but hasn't arrived within the expected time period, please email our Customer Services team, or call us on 01869 362222 between 8.30am and 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday.
If your order arrives and the goods are damaged or following installation appear to be faulty , please contact our Customer Services team, or call us on 01869 362222 between 8.30am and 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday. We will of course refund or replace the faulty items as quickly as possible for you. Please do not dispose of the faulty item(s) as we may need to arrange to have this returned to us for inspection. Should this be required you will be emailed a Freepost Returns Label with a returns reference (RE) number.
Our aim is to provide you with the highest levels of customer service whether you may have changed your mind, or experienced a problem with regards to your purchase.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If this is not the case, just return the product to us following the instructions below, and we'll refund it to the credit or debit card of the person who originally placed and paid for the order.
Please do not return any items to The Lightbulb Company without contacting us first. This can be done by calling us on 01869 362222 or sending an email.
Please note our office hours are 8.30 am – 5.00 pm Monday - Friday.
If you wish to make a return please include:
- Your full contact details
- Details of the product you wish to return including the quantity
- Reason for return
- Date of purchase
- Our invoice number
If your purchase is eligible to return, you will be issued a Return Number – RE XXXX. No returned goods will be accepted unless authorised by us and the package is clearly marked with the RE number.
If you are a domestic customer and you are unhappy with the goods for any reason, you have the right to return them within 14 days of receipt. They must be returned in original packaging, unused and suitable to be resold. Please note that if the goods have been ordered incorrectly the postage and packing cost will be deducted from any refund that may be issued except whereby you have purchased our no quibble carriage insurance. In this instance you will be sent a Free Post Returns label.
All refunds will be completed within 14 days from the time we have received the order back to us.
If you have ordered the items incorrectly, and are having difficulty in identifying the correct one please contact our Customer Services team, who will be only too happy to help you find the right product.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your order by a clear statement, including details of your name, postal address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address
- You can cancel by email, or call 01869 362222
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery)
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied